Update: PHF23 Youth Delegates have been nominated
10 November 2023
The application deadline for our youth sponsorship programme was 15 October 2023. We received numerous applications – which is fantastic! By now, we have selected five applicants as our PHF23 Youth Delegates. We would like to warmly thank all other applicants for their great submissions and invite you to join the Planetary Health Forum’s online programme. Online participation is free of charge. Registration is required.
Overview: Youth Sponsorship Programme
With our youth sponsorship programme, we invite at least five young people to participate on-site and free of charge in the Planetary Health Forum ’23 in Berlin and to actively contribute their experiences, ideas and visions at the conference. The Youth Programme is for anyone who is already actively engaged in driving the long overdue socio-ecological transformation. In addition to the free participation in the two-day event in Berlin, the youth representatives will have the opportunity to share their perspectives in the closing session on the main stage at the end of the conference, and to comment on the results in a moderated discussion.
Who is eligible and how to apply?
The application period for the scholarship programme has ended. For transparency reasons, below the application criteria:
- You are under the age of 25 years at the time of the application.
- You are already actively engaged to driving positive change towards a more sustainable, healthier, and more equitable world.
- Applicants are requested to take part in the two preparatory online workshops* on October 19 and November 2, 2023. (For more details on the workshops and registration, click here).
- Letter of Motivation: Please briefly describe what motivates you to get involved in planetary health and why you are keen to be part of the conference in Berlin (maximum 1 page).
- CV: Please summarise relevant experiences and qualifications (maximum 1 page).
* As the preparatory workshops will be held in German, excemptions are possible in individual cases for people who do not speak German.
What else is important?
Travel costs to Berlin may be covered (in part or in full) upon request. Accommodation costs in Berlin and local transfers are the responsibility of the participants.